THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Have you ever created one of those “super easy” hand drawn DIY Sharpie Mugs only to discover… surprise! Sharpie washes off in the dishwasher. A little disappointing to see your masterpiece gone after the first use isn’t it? When it comes to painting your mug you want it to stay and enamel bake on paint is your answer my dears! Today I’m going to show you how to create a really simple DIY Painted Monogram Mug that will last each time it goes through the dish washer. It may be summer but when we’re rolling into fall and winter and you have you’re beautiful Monogrammed mug to sip out of you’ll be happy as a clam at high tide. Trust Me.
1. Line painters tape on the cutting board the height of your mug with 4 extra pieces on the side.
2. Cut out letter to fit on layered tape and tape down all 4 sides. Using the xacto knife, cut out all the black from your letter making sure to press completely through the tape underneath.
3. Peel up cut painters tape and press firmly onto your mug. (wipe your mug off with rubbing alcohol prior to putting on tape. this will help the paint stick properly and make sure you check which side you hold outward =) )
4. Using stiff dabber paint brush, dab on black paint. Peel off painters tape while paint is still wet!
5. Let paint dry up to an hour. Place in COOL oven, turn on bake to 350 and bake for 35 minutes. (This allows 5 minutes for oven to heat up and 30 minutes to bake). DO NOT OPEN OVEN. Don’t even peak! Let oven cool completely before removing mug.
6. Take super awesome photo of new monogram mug because you know you love it!
Enjoy your new mug!